In short, social media optimization (SMO) encourages businesses to analyze, audit, and make adjustments to both their content and accounts to stay in line with the best practices of social media.
The concept of SMO is pretty straightforward. Much like SEO or CRO (conversion rate optimization) requires tweaking and testing, so does SMO.
So, why bother? Although many brands make their social efforts seem effortless, the reality is that top-performing accounts don’t ignore the fine details of optimization. The benefits of social media optimization are three-fold:
- Increase the visibility and reach of your content, resulting in greater engagement (clicks, traffic and so on)
- Assess the overall ROI and outcomes of your social marketing (think: sales, brand awareness)
- Develop a consistent process for creating content that’s poised to perform well (relative to your brand)
I’ve seen firsthand how more and more marketers are being held accountable when it comes to social media performance. Through optimization, you increase the likelihood of hitting your KPIs and make your own job easier by establishing a process for fine-tuning your content.
- Account Optimization
- Social searchability optimization
- Content strategy optimization
- Individual post optimization
- Link optimization
- Performance optimization
How does your business approach social media optimization?
Think of the steps above as establishing the foundation for improving your social presence.
The more of these steps you take, the more effectively you can build and scale your campaigns in the future. These tactics ensure that you approach social media proactively and pay attention to the numbers that matter.
Note: Content Creation defines the art of Story Telling. Here are 10 Ultimate steps to mastering the art of storytelling.
Still not sure what to do with your social data? Don’t sweat it. Just make sure to call me and let’s get this started.